Is blogging dead? This is an inevitable question which comes up time and time again every year but the swift answer is NO!
Blogging is absolutely still relevant in 2022!
However, the practice of blogging is everchanging and getting your blogs seen by an audience may be harder than ever.
Blogging is still a totally viable digital marketing strategy in 2022 and beyond, which is why we are going to share with you our 5 top tips on how to ensure your blog can thrive in 2022…
Share Your Blogs
Whilst blogging will primarily occur on your website, other platforms can grow your audience and create more engagement with your blogs.
Platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and others can drastically improve your popularity. Which platform you choose will depend on your content and your audience. If your content is formal and business-focused then LinkedIn will be the spot for you, whereas if you write informal and chatty stories or guides then YouTube could be your friend.
The best way to share your content to these sites is through repurposing.
Repurposing is the act of using content you already have and creating something new with it.
You can repurpose your content by:
- Creating a video: This could be of yourself talking about your content or an infographic video showing a how-to guide.
- Social media posts: If you have written a blog then you will have lots of written content ready and available. Use a website like Canva to create visually appealing text posts using the most important parts of your content. Use more content to create an appealing caption and link out to your blog.
If you are not confident appearing visually in person, don’t worry! You can create videos and social media posts anonymously without your face or, if you are posting as a business, you can find another employee who is willing to be involved!
In 2022, your blog will not be found as easily as in the past therefore you need to make yourself stand out more especially when you are just getting started.
Create Visual Content
People love visual content and it is a great addition to your blogs to keep your audience engaged.
When most people find your blog, they will not have searched for your website specifically and have no prior connection to your blog. This means that you need to keep them interested and engaged from the outset.
Using videos and images, you can break up your text into more manageable chunks and brighten up your page.
When including images on your page, you need to include ‘Alt Text’. For those of you who do not know that that is, alt text is the writing which will be displayed in place of an image if the image fails to load or to help visually impaired users.
Your alt text should describe the image clearly and in detail for your audience.
Update Old Content
If you have had a blog for a period of time then it is common to have old content which may now be out of date or in need of a refresh.
Taking time to update this content can be just as useful as creating new content. As you create blogs, you will learn skills, develop your writing style and the world will change.
Giving your blogs a (metaphorical) facelift can be all you need, here are a few tips to look out for in your old blogs:
- Outdated statistics. If you have outdated statistics from years ago then your audience will presume the rest of the content is outdated. Make sure to update your statistics often even if this means that you need to update the rest of the content of the blog.
- Broken links. If your blog links out to other sources, websites, brands or products then you should check that these are all functioning and in use. If any of your links are broken then you should change these. Search for other links that can serve the same purpose to avoid reader disappointment.
- Outdated strategies. If your blog is business-related or notes the best practices in an industry then it is important that this is current and accurate information.
Use Email Marketing to Promote Your Blog
Once your blog is reaching an audience, you need a way to keep them connected and engaged with your blogs even when they aren’t reading them.
Creating an email marketing strategy for your readers and attaching a button/link to your blogs ensures they can be notified every time you post a new blog.
Using a platform such as Mailerlite allows you to easily create email campaigns with a drag-and-drop editor. This means that you can create your own emails even with no prior experience or knowledge.
The main items you should include in your emails are:
- A catchy title
- An intriguing subject line
- CTA’s. These can be in the form of links in the text or interactive buttons
- High-quality images
Make Your Website User-Friendly
So far, all of our tips have been directed towards the content of your blog and sharing it with new audiences however this tip is regarding your website.
Having amazing content is great however you need your readers to be able to access your blog easily.
How many times have you been on a website and immediately left because it was taking too long to load? Or because on your mobile phone, the text and images didn’t fit on your screen properly?
Most readers are now searching on their mobile which means that your blog not only needs to be optimised on desktops, but also for phones. Below are a few things to consider when making your website user-friendly:
- Ensure quick loading times
- Simple website navigation
- Display social media icons
- Use a chatbot
- Use high-quality images
So, is blogging dead? No! By using these 5 tips, you can keep your blog relevant and thriving in 2022.
Do you need help creating your own blog in 2022? Look no further…
We love creating articles (blogs), posts, quotes, and top-notch content to deliver to your audience through your website, email campaigns, and social media.
We work with you to develop a content strategy which will also be researched in line with our SEO service to ensure we maximise the reach and engage the right people, your ideal clients.
Get in touch now to find out how CREATIVE in TiME can help you.