Branding is so important for businesses. It is not just a logo, font and colours, it’s what defines who you are, what you sell and how you communicate with people.
Branding is everything!
Did you know that 90% of consumers expect a consistent brand experience across all of company’s channels (FierceRetail)?
Why is branding important for businesses?
Branding is important for businesses because it builds loyalty and creditably with your audience.
Not only this, but effective branding will tend to make your brand look professional and trustworthy and provide clarity on your business vision and purpose.
If your brand’s messages, visuals and campaigns across your channels are misaligned, you are sending out confusing signals to your audience.
Over time this can have significant consequences to your customer experience, brand reputation and overall loss of trust.
Does branding provide a competitive advantage?
Yes it does, when done properly! Your brand is what differentiates you from other businesses in the same industry.
When customers recognise your brand, it helps lend a competitive edge to your business. When you receive more recognition, the more your brand builds and elevates above other competitors.
Did you know:
- 77% of B2B marketers say branding is crucial for growth (Adience, 2020).
- 89% of B2B marketers say brand awareness is the most important goal, followed by sales and lead generation (Content Marketing Institution).
- It takes 1/10th of a second to form a first impression of someone. When it comes to your brand, It takes about 50 milliseconds (0.05 seconds) for people to form an opinion about your website (8 Ways Media, 2019).
- Consistent presentation of a brand has seen to increase revenue by 33 percent (Lucidpress,2019).
Crazy right?! So where do you start?
Branding: Where to Start
- Start by defining your brand. Your values, belief and mission.
- Identify why people be interested in your business. Why should they invest in your services? Think of the functional, emotional, physiological, luxury or necessity benefits of your business. Jot them down!
- What is your target audience?
- What are their needs?
- Share your brand story. Sharing your stories create an powerful and emotional bond with your audience.
- Font, colours and logo – How do you represent your brand visually? Use the same colour palette, colour and logo across your platforms. Did you know choosing branding colours wisely can impact how people perceive your brand? Using a signature colour can increase brand recognition by 80 percent!
If you’re still wondering if you should invest in branding…YES! Branding shapes and gives meaning to your business.
Want to take control of your business and marketing? CREATIVE in TiME are here to help. We audit, advise, mentor and manage any of your marketing requirements. Click here to book a discovery call with us.